- Mr. Ranjan Sharma is a Director on the Board of IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Limited (IKSL). Mr. Sharma is also the Director of Star Global Resources Limited and has a rich experience in the Indian Corporate Sector and rural domain. IKSL is a joint venture company between IFFCO and Star Global.
- Star Global Resources Ltd., an NBFC, was set up by him 2006 which invests in diversified businesses after evaluating their long term business potentials.
- Mr. Sharma also conceptualized the idea of disseminating information pertaining to agri-practices, weather information, animal husbandry, pesticides/insecticides and other information relevant to day-to-day usage to farmers through voice messages carried on in mobile telephones.
- Mr. Sharma has varied experience in the Indian corporate sector spanning over 30 years. He worked with traditional Indian business houses as well as multinational companies mainly in the fertilizer sector. His major accomplishments include implementation of mega sized projects, putting together management teams and financial structures for these ventures and setting up systems for running the businesses. He concluded more than a dozen international collaborations during his career.
- Mr. Sharma is a Cost Accountant, Company Secretary and Law graduate by qualification.
Besides IKSL, Mr. Sharma holds the position of Director on the Board of Directors of quite a few companies.